Monday 25 November 2013

Wavy Shell Blanket


I made this crochet blanket for my Sister-in-law's baby. I wanted to try a different pattern this time and was impressed by a this pattern that I came across, while browsing. Initially I decided to complete the blanket with alternate white and blue waves. But I was not sure if the blue yarn supply that I had, would  last for the entire blanket. So I decided to crochet the center part with white color and continue alternating the colors for the remaining blanket.




After completing the blanket, I felt that the white part was too blank. So decided on making  a teddy bear applique following this pattern.


Updated on 19-Nov-2014
I will be posting the pattern for this blanket in a week's time. Check back later

Updated on 12-Dec-2014
As promised, I have posted the tutorial for this blanket. You can see it here 

~Gaya3

4 comments:

  1. Could you please tell me what weight yarn you used for this blanket?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used worsted weight yarn for this project.

      Delete
  2. Oh, that's a cool pattern! I like the waves. Beautifully done!

    I'd love to have you link up to my Yarn Fanatic Party. It's a weekly party that starts on Monday and lasts all week.

    http://philwife.blogspot.com/2014/11/yarn-fanatic-party-14.html

    ReplyDelete

If you like my work, please leave a comment. Thanks :-)