Thursday 28 November 2013

Hand Embroidered Silk Blouse

This saree is one of my favorite color, but I was not happy with the blouse piece that came attached with it. It was a bright green color which kept me away from wearing the saree. So I decided to calm down the color by doing some embroidery. When I went to the thread shop, accidentally, I laid eyes on these metallic thread collection from anchor. I picked up peacock green thread for the leaves and golden color thread for the flowers. First, I gave the blouse material to my tailor and got the sleeves and body part marked, then I traced the embroidery design on it and then started embroidering the piece. I have used satin stitch for the flowers and leaves and stem stitch for the stems





It took quite some time to complete the embroidery, but I was pleased with the end result. Then I gave it to my tailor for stitching. And now when I wear it, people ask me where I got it embroidered. Do I need a better compliment :-) ? Needless to say, I feel very happy in saying "I did it myself" :-)


6 comments:

  1. this blouse dhan d gayu ultimate :) pesama nee professional blouse tailoring arambuchudu for tamil brides :) yenna solraa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As you say :-)...I was also thinking of it..

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank u Rajapriya, for taking time and commenting on all my posts..

      Delete

If you like my work, please leave a comment. Thanks :-)